Reading Time: < 1 minute
On July 2, 2018, Trinity Church of Portland (Oregon) released a statement announcing the removal of Dr. Art Azurdia from his positions as an elder and Senior Minister of Word and Worship at Trinity Church. This sad news served as the impetus for the Just Thinking podcast addressing the broader issue of sexual immorality within the body of Christ as a whole. Please note that this is an expanded episode of the podcast and that Darrell is flying solo, as his trusty sidekick and wingman ‘Omaha’ (Virgil Walker) is away attending to other priorities over the next couple of weeks. It is our prayer that you will find this episode sobering, yet encouraging and edifying.
Parental Discretion Strongly Advised
Related blog articles
Related external media
- A Statement Regarding Art Azurdia From the Elders of Trinity Church of Portland (Trinity Church of Portland)
- The Real Root of Sexual Sin (Desiring God)
- Sexual Destruction (Ligonier Ministries)
- This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence (John Piper)
- Staying Married Is Not About Staying In Love (John Piper)
- Lay Aside the Weight of Discontentment (Desiring God)
- The Art of Divine Contentment (Thomas Watson)
- Doctrine of Repentance (Thomas Watson)
- Marriage Isn’t Meant To Meet Your Needs (The Gospel Coalition)
To support the podcast, please click here or copy/paste the following link into your browser – https://justthinking.me/support/
© Darrell B. Harrison and Just Thinking…for Myself 2012-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Darrell B. Harrison and Just Thinking…for Myself with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.