Reading Time: 2 minutes
Behavioral perfectionism – not to be confused with the doctrine sometimes referred to as Christian perfectionism or sinless perfection – is a sin many professing Christians struggle with (yes, it is a sin). But not only is the individual perfectionist affected by their behavior, so are those who are closest to them. In this episode of the Just Thinking podcast, Darrell Harrison and Virgil “Omaha” Walker leverage their experience as biblical counselors to walk you through what the Word of God, and other trusted biblical sources, have to say about dealing biblically with the issue of behavioral perfectionism toward the goal of gaining victory over it.
- Counseling the Perfectionist – article by Cody Newcome, Association of Certified Biblical Counselors
- Lay Aside the Weight of Perfection – article by Jon Bloom, Desiring God
- The Sin of Perfectionism (PDF) – article by Dr. Stanley G. Gale
- You Can Change: God’s Transforming Power for Our Sinful Behavior and Negative Emotions – book by Dr. Tim Chester (Amazon.com)
- Picture Perfect: When Life Doesn’t Line Up – book by Dr. Amy Baker (Amazon.com)
- How Does Sanctification Work? – book by Dr. David Powlison (Amazon.com)
- “Christian Contentment” – Just Thinking podcast (episode 96)
- “Why Are You Afraid?” – Just Thinking podcast (episode 113)
- “Why Are You Afraid?” – book by Darrell Harrison and Virgil Walker, G3 Press
To support the podcast, please click here or copy/paste the following link into your browser – https://justthinking.me/support/
© Darrell B. Harrison and Just Thinking Ministries – 2012-2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Darrell B. Harrison and Just Thinking…for Myself with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.