Reading Time: < 1 minutes
According to 1 Thessalonians 5:18, believers in Jesus Christ are to “give thanks in everything, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.” But does ‘everything’ include giving thanks to God when we suffer? Listen as Darrell Harrison and Virgil “Omaha” Walker look to Scripture for answers to that crucial question.
- “What God Ordains Is Always Good” – hymn arrangement by Josh Bauder (YouTube video)
- “We Complain Because We Forget” – blog article by Steven Lee (Desiring God)
- “The Gift of Suffering” – white paper by William H. Gross (PDF)
- “Making Sense Out of Suffering” – sermon series by John MacArthur (Grace to You)
- “Why Are You Afraid?” – Just Thinking podcast episode 113
- “Why Are You Afraid?” – book by Darrell Harrison and Virgil Walker (G3 Press)
- “Suffering Is Not for Nothing” – teaching series by Elisabeth Elliot (Ligonier Ministries)
To support the podcast, please click here or copy/paste the following link into your browser – https://justthinking.me/support/
© Darrell B. Harrison and Just Thinking Ministries – 2012-2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Darrell B. Harrison and Just Thinking…for Myself with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.